Welcome!

I am going to be blogging my trip. This is a trip to celebrate my 50 years on this planet. I will try to post every day with pictures as we go.

Tuesday 12 April 2011

Love is in the air...

We arrived at the MALA MALA game reserve where we were met at the airfield by our ranger Matt. We got our rooms at the resort which are amazing. Sharon and I have an outdoor shower. Almost immediately we went on our first game drive. First we saw elephants including babies and also a cape buffalo. We then saw some impala and then the the highlight of the evening...leopards mating. It was amazing. We watched them for several "times". Sharon got some amazing pictures. At one point they were less than 2 feet from our truck. It was almost too close for pictures. We then went on and saw a mother lion and three cubs. They are not allowed to shine a light on the babies. From there we saw more lions mating. Love was in the air. We had our sundowners while watching lions do it. We were also able to see the very rare blue cooler...Sharon throughout it was an animal...we had to explain it was a cooler with ice to keep our drinks cold.

I wanted to keep this blog g rated, if you are over 18 and want the specifics of the mating email me for the alternate blog!!!

1 comment:

  1. 2 feet seems a little close... for a lot of reasons!

    ReplyDelete