Welcome!

I am going to be blogging my trip. This is a trip to celebrate my 50 years on this planet. I will try to post every day with pictures as we go.

Friday 1 April 2011

Amsterdam day 1

We have arrived in Amsterdam safely and on time (early actually). We managed to find Richard and his apartment ok. Turns out that it is in the same block that Ann Frank lived in before she went into hiding. Apparently the book store around the corner is where her father purchased the first diary. Once we dropped off our stuff we went out in search of adventure! We had a few missteps navigating the map but eventually made it to a tram station and figured out how to paid to get on it (no small feat). We went to Museumplein and found this really funky little deli with a teeny tiny loft and extra yummy sandwiches which definitely hit the spot. If you are in the area I would highly recommend Renzo's deli.

After that we split up and Cynthia and Sharon went to the Van Gogh museum and I went to the Stedelijk on my friend doug's recommendation. It had some really cool art and some really strange stuff (remind me to tell you about the neon). When we met up afterwards we headed to the canal area which was amazing. We found this candy shoppe that made excellent easter eggs..look for us to bring those back home.

After we had exhausted ourselves and our feet we stopped at a very nice Indonesian place for a rice taffel.

We are back now and getting ready for bed (at least Sharon and I are..Cynthia not so much)

Tomorrow is the Ann Frank museum, tulip garden, beer and who knows what .

No comments:

Post a Comment